Have you ever fancied taking part in something really special? Perhaps you have ridden enough drizzly English sportives and want something a bit more epic? Does the thought of a truly unique cycling event get you excited?
Well, the Mallorca 312 is without a doubt one of the best long-distance cycling events in the world. Not only is it well organised, but it’s an extremely enjoyable day out on the bike. Here’s the top 5 things that make the 312 amazing:
- Closed roads – virtually the whole of Mallorca is taken over by the event, so you have a unique opportunity to ride around this beautiful island, unhindered by cars!
- Excellent support – the 312 pit stops put all other sportive feed stations to shame. Beer on tap, gorgeous Mallorcan food and music all make for a real party atmosphere to keep you motivated and pedaling!
- A treat for all the senses – the beautiful views, warm sunshine and cheering crowds make for a very special day out on the bike.
- Ride with the pros – each year, the event attracts guest pro-riders. In 2018, participants will have an opportunity to ride alongside Joaquim ‘Purito’ Rodríguez – one of the greatest riders of recent cycling history. During his 16 years as a professional cyclist, Joaquim reached the podium four times in the three Grand Tours: 3rd in the 2013 Tour de France, 2nd in the 2012 Giro d´Italia and 3rd & 2nd in the 2012 & 2015 La Vuelta a España.
- Choice of three routes – you don’t HAVE to ride 312km! Despite the event being known as the ‘312’, there are two other route options – 167km and 225km. All three routes are long enough to test most cyclists, but if you’d like to have a slightly shorter day on the bike, then the 167km route could be for you.
Andy Cook Cycling have limited places on their exclusive Mallorca 312 trip. Experience the challenge and sense of pride that only an event of this epic nature can provide, combined with the professionalism and support of an Andy Cook Cycling trip. For £700 (£775 single occ.) you get:
- Entry into either the 312, 225 or 167 routes
- Half-board accommodation at the comfortable, stylish and highly-renowned PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa
- Private airport transfers to and from Palma for you, your luggage and your bike
- A special early pre-race breakfast
- Access to Andy Cook Cycling’s highly-experienced team members’ knowledge of cycling and the island of Mallorca
- Private pit stops along the route with water provided
- A dedicated support vehicle to carry personal kit and nutrition which will stay as close to the route as possible at all times and will meet riders at the private pit stops
- The usual high-standard of professionalism and enjoyment that our clients have come to expect from Andy Cook Cycling Camps – after 25+ years of running these in Mallorca, our reputation is one of quality, excellence and value.