Andy Cook Cycling can now announce some exciting news regarding the 2019 Severn Bridge Sportive, to be held on Sunday 2nd June at the historic Castle Combe Circuit in Wiltshire:To celebrate the 10th year of our event, we have partnered with the high-end Italian Cycle Clothing brand Alé to create the newly-named Severn Bridge Alé Sportive. Alé Custom Clothing has recently designed and created our new Andy Cook Cycling staff kit, and have also designed a revamped version of the original Andy Cook Cycling white kit – which is available to purchase here. The first 400 entrants into the Severn Bridge Alé Sportive will receive Alé goodies at registration, and there’s even talk of designing a special Sportive jersey to commemorate 10 years of the event, and of Andy Cook Cycling itself! Watch this space for updates on that, and other exciting news. As ever, the 2019 Sportive will take in some of the area’s most beautiful countryside – including the Cotswold Edge, Ingleston Common, Star Hill, Raglan Castle, and many other historic villages, iconic views and picturesque roads. Not forgetting the splendour of the Old Severn Bridge, where our event photographer will be there to capture your smiles as you cross into Wales. For the second time, we are pleased to say that our charity partner will be the National Autistic Society. We raised a great amount for this excellent charity in 2018 – but we’d love to smash our target of £2000 next year! You can help us do this by donating on entry into the event (it’s easy to add as little as £2 to your entry price and all of that will go to the charity) or you can fundraise by getting sponsored for completing the Sportive. You can now enter the Sportive online here. We’ve kept the price the same as last year as our main aim is really to get people out on their bikes, enjoying our beautiful countryside and raising money for a good cause. If you’re still not sure, this is what you get for just £29:
- Fully-signed choice of two routes (you can choose which to ride, as you go)
- Timing chip and access to your time at the event finish
- Complimentary HIGH5 Sports Nutrition to keep you fueled along the way
- Support vehicle and en-route mechanic
- A hot meal at the end of the ride
- A personal greeting as you cross the finish line from our lovely staff and volunteers
- An exclusive goody bag with Alé and HIGH5 products just for you!
- Well-stocked feed stations with real food plus tea and coffee
- Sign-on, start and finish at the historic Castle Combe Circuit
- Event photographer
- A family-friendly event – meet your family at the end at the Castle Combe Family Cycling Day and ride to the finish line with them!
“Thank you for organising and running the Sportive. It was challenging but there was definitely a great feel-good factor at the end. The feed station had a wonderful range of foods and was very welcome.”
“This year’s route to the Severn Bridge was most enjoyable, together with fabulous weather, the perfect day cycling.”
“FAB route today, glad I survived… and probably a new PB over 100 miles! Thank You to you and all the team for being so supportive as usual!”