Feeling blue? We want to make sure none of our customers are feeling beaten by the end of the Festive Season, so we’ve got some great tips for you to make sure you keep smiling:
1. Trigger those happy endorphins. Whether you’re riding on a turbo, at the gym, or braving it outside in the cold, a little bit of pedalling will go a long way to improving your mood! Riding your bike won’t just make you happier, it’ll also help to boost your immune system – meaning you’re more likely to stave off those horrid winter colds!
2. Think about your goals for this year. Do you want to get fitter? Learn a new skill? Raise money for charity? Do more as a family? Andy Cook Cycling could help! We have four cycling trips to Mallorca planned for 2019 – catering for every single level, age and ability of cyclist. Read more. Our car-free cycling sessions are back this summer – from April to September, for just £3 per night (£1 for kids!) you can ride the safe, smooth, car-free circuit at Castle Combe, near Chippenham, every Tuesday evening. Read more. Or why not sign up for our Severn Bridge Sportive in June – 60 miles or 100 miles of beautiful countryside, with excellent support, food and goodies for riders! Read more.
3. Go shopping! There’s so much great cycling kit out there at the moment (we hope you got lots of it for Christmas!) and we’re very lucky to be partnered with high-end Italian brand Alé Clothing to offer our clients discounts on their outlet store and on custom-made Andy Cook Cycling and Castle Combe Cycling Kit. Read more.
4. Protect yourself. HIGH5 Sports Nutrition have created an immune protection electrolyte drink filled with vitamins, plant extracts and key electrolytes, including sodium and potassium, to help protect you in the colder months. ZERO Protect tastes great and can be drunk at any time during exercise and throughout the day – and it makes a perfect hot drink! Read more.
5. Enjoy yourself. There’s no point spending lots of time doing something you don’t enjoy – if you aren’t having fun in your spare time, it might be time to try a new hobby! Don’t beat yourself up about constantly procrastinating instead of exercising, try new things until you find something that makes you happy – it’ll be better in the long run.